Greenback Expat Tax Services is more than just an award-winning international tax provider; we’re also an expat advocacy community that brings awareness to issues that American citizens living abroad experience. So, if you’re shopping around for a team of expat-specialist accountants who are regarded as experts in their field, find out why expats choose Greenback Tax Services to complete their taxes year after year.
Introduction to Greenback Tax Services
Greenback was founded back in 2009 by two expats frustrated by the process of finding a tax provider who understood the additional requirements and nuances of tax law that affect expats. They needed accountants who could understand the differing deadlines, figure out tax treaties and Social Security Totalization Agreements to avoid scenarios of double-taxation, and who offered upfront pricing so that no surprises were included on their tax bill.
After wrestling with the tax process with no solution in sight, Carrie and David McKeegan decided it was time to start their own company. A decade later, Greenback Tax Services is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and we’ve refined the process to make it as easy as possible. From our cutting-edge platform that was entirely created based on expat feedback, to our team of Customer Champions ready to answer your questions almost faster than you can come up with them, we’ve made every part of tax season painless.
Who We Help
Greenback Tax Services not only specializes in expat taxes—we only do expat taxes. Expats are not a niche branch of our services; it’s our whole operation. We’ve filed 28,000 tax returns for over 9,300 expats in over 214 countries around the world, and our customers come back every single tax season because we truly care about the expat tax experience.
Services We Offer
From Federal and State Tax Returns to complicated self-employment or international business forms, Greenback has seen the most technical of expat tax situations through to completion. You’ll never have to worry that your accountant is forgetting credits and deductions that could make the process less expensive for you, or that your accountant has not been briefed on all the latest expat tax news, regulations, and changes. Check out the abbreviated list of services we offer below:
- For expats who are just now realizing they need to file taxes, we have a few services that can help them get caught up, no problem. Only one year late? Our late tax prep package will get you caught up in no time at all. If you’re at least three years behind, our Streamlined Filing Package helps expats who didn’t know about the tax-filing requirements become completely tax compliant without any penalties.
- We offer consultations for expats who just need some reliable tax advice. Perhaps you are considering buying real estate abroad, want someone to review employment contracts, or are wondering how to plan for your retirement in a brand new country. Chat with our experts, and you’ll have all the information you need to make your decisions.
- Expats often need to file annual FBARs (Foreign Bank Account Reports) to report overseas financial accounts. Anyone with more than $10,000 in their aggregate offshore accounts will need file every year. Our flat-fee FBAR filing ensures you don’t encounter any of those steep penalties.
- If you have foreign assets like stocks, securities or interest in foreign accounts that exceed the IRS thresholds, you’ll be on the hook to file FATCA Form 8938, too. Luckily, our accountants have dealt with nearly every FATCA situation imaginable and can make getting caught up a breeze.
- Small business owners, we’ve got you covered, too. Greenback accountants can file the forms you need so that you don’t need to worry that you’ve missed a form or schedule. Our small business tax prep is great whether you run an LLC, partnership, corporation, or S corporation.
- Have a scenario you don’t see listed here? Chances are, you’ll find it in the full list of services or our additional, specialty services. Our accountants live and breathe expat taxes, so no matter how uncommon your specific situation is, we can take care of you. They have seen it all, and they can make it easy for you.
In fact, not only are our accountants apprised of all the latest expat tax updates, but we pride ourselves on our massive, FREE library of educational materials for our expat community. Curious about the latest buzz in the Senate about expat taxes? We have a guide that you can download. Wondering how the tax reform has been affecting expats specifically? We have a guide for that, too. We also host numerous, free, live webinars throughout the year during which we answer the most pressing questions we regularly hear from expats.
If you’re still on the fence about Greenback tax services, find out what our customers have to say about their experience. Here’s a sample:
“Greenback made filing my over due taxes as easy as possible.” – Tiffanie
“Fantastic! It was a quick service, professionally done, and the accountant was amazing!!!” – JHR
“I’ve been using Greenback for years now; they have consistently made the experience painless and quick!” – Charles
“I used Greenback Expat Tax Service last year and will continue to use their services. The agents are prompt, professional, friendly, patient and overall simply the BEST. I highly recommend their service.” – Montrel
Are You Tax Compliant?
If you’re not sure, get started today, and we can help you figure out exactly what you need to get compliant. We make the process hassle-free for expats all over the world, and we’re excited to show you just how simple expat taxes can be.