With the April tax deadline just a few weeks away, you’re not going to want to miss our next free webinar: the Top Five Changes to the Tax Laws US Expats Need to Know. From the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act to the proposed Tax Reform 2.0, the tax filing process is a lot different for expats than it has been in recent years. Get the information you need before the deadline so you can be sure your expat tax knowledge is up-to-date.
Which US Expatriate Tax Changes Will Be Covered?
Greenback’s specialist accountants will brief you on the five most significant changes US expatriates are facing for the first time this tax season, including:
- Tax Reform: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act enacted some of the most sweeping changes to the US tax code in decades, but only a handful of changes apply to US expatriates. Find out what’s essential for you to know ahead of the deadline!
- Tax Reform 2.0: Tax Reform 2.0 contains three bills that could have a long-lasting impact on expats, and we’ll prep you on what you can expect this year.
- GILTI (Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income): Expat entrepreneurs will be especially interested in the latest information and proposed changes from the IRS.
- Amnesty Programs: Last year, the IRS elminated the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program, but there are still plenty of options for US expats who are behind on their taxes. Find out which amnesty program you can use to get compliant.
- Tax Fairness for Americans Abroad Act of 2018: This act could change the US expat tax game forever. Find out more about the bill that would mean expats would no longer have foreign income be subject to tax by the US.
Plus, our expat experts will host a live Q&A session afterward, so if you have specific questions, we can help answer those, too! Register today to ensure you get a FREE spot at the webinar, and mark your calendar for Wednesday, March 20th at 1:00pm EST.
Want More Information About Our Free Webinars?
If you have questions about the webinar or specific US expatriate tax questions for our expert accountants, contact us today!