This past year has been jam-packed with changes to American taxes in general, but also to US expatriate taxes. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has altered expat taxes in many ways, the IRS recently announced the closing date for the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program, and, as the US moves to a territorial system of taxation for corporations from a worldwide system, changes for US owners of foreign businesses will be significant. Whether you’ve never filed US expatriate taxes before and need a primer on the basics or have filed for years but want to know what the current expat tax landscape looks like, our webinar can help you get your questions answered!
What Information Will Be Covered?
This webinar is designed to ensure you have the most recent US expatriate tax information. You’ll learn everything you need to know about the following topics:
- Important 2018 dates and deadlines for all expats
- Document checklist – everything you need to have on hand to get started!
- Glossary for first time expat tax filers, including FBAR, FATCA Form 8938, and how to qualify as an expat
- Information for expats who owe taxes
- How to file now and reduce tax penalties
- Recent changes, including the impact of Tax Cut & Jobs Act and what foreign business owners need to know about the repatriation tax
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program closing date
- Streamlined Filing Procedures – an amnesty program that allows expats whose failure to file was non-willful to become tax compliant penalty-free!
- A Live Q&A at the end – so you can get the answers to anything that wasn’t covered
Who Will Be Hosting the Webinar?
Greenback Co-Founder David McKeegan and Christie T., one of Greenback’s accountants who specializes in US expatriate taxes!
How Can I Register?
Save the date for May 16, 2018, at 12PM GMT. Click here to register! Attendee registration is limited, so sign up today to ensure you can attend.
Have Questions About the Webinar or US Expatriate Taxes in General?
Contact us today, and we’ll get your questions answered.