We know how busy the expat life can be. If you missed our webinar, Expat Taxes in 2018: A Crash Course, you’re in luck! We recorded the webinar so you can watch it on-demand, whenever it fits best into your schedule.
What Information Did the Webinar Cover?
Our webinar was designed to get you up to speed with regards to the most current tax news and changes, as well as help expats who have never filed learn how to navigate the process. Greenback Co-Founder David McKeegan and one of Greenback’s excellent accountants joined in to give their expert opinions on all of the most current tax information. Plus, we hosted a live Q&A session and answered questions from expats such as:
- Are there any significant changes in the IRS’s positions on double taxation conventions?
- How do you get an extension?
- Does anything need to be filed to rescind residency from most states?
- Does FATCA apply to real estate?
- Does the definition of assets include total property value or just the principal?
- Does Form 2555 (Foreign Earned Income Exclusion) need to be filed each year or just once?
- Does the uninterrupted period of the Bona Fide Residency test mean you did not visit the US during that time?
- Does Form 8833 (Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure) need to include benefits from Social Security?
- And many more!
Want to Leave Your Expat Taxes to the Experts?
If you’d rather leave your taxes in the hands of the experts, contact Greenback to embark on the most hassle-free tax experience of your life! Many of our accountants are expats themselves, and well-versed in each and every exclusion and deduction that can save you money. Get started with Greenback today!
Have Five Minutes?
Take our US Expat Opinion Survey today, and you could win a $1,000 gift card to Hotels.com!