With all of the recent changes to the US tax code, it can be hard to know exactly what requirements expats should expect. If you missed our Expat Tax Fact Check: Facts and Fiction Webinar on Tuesday, you will want to watch the replay! Greenback Co-Founder David McKeegan and one of Greenback’s expat-expert accountants will fill you in on everything you need to know about your expatriate’s tax. We’ve recorded the webinar for your convenience, and now you can watch the on-demand webinar whenever it works for your schedule so that you can be sure to know the difference between expatriate’s tax myths and the facts.
What Expatriate’s Tax Facts Did You Miss?
The free webinar covered the most current expatriate’s tax information, including:
- The who, what, when, where, and how of expat tax filing
- Late filer information
- IRS amnesty program updates in 2018: Both OVDP and Streamlined Filing
- How to select the amnesty program that is right for you, if you are a late filer
- Everything you need to know about FBAR and FATCA
- Methods for getting started on expatriate’s taxes
- Documents you will need before you can file
- How the recent tax reform may affect you
- Deadlines, penalties, and interest
- Exclusions, credits, and deductions that can help lower your tax liability
Plus, there is a question and answer session at the end where our experts answered other expat’s most pressing questions about the current state of expatriate’s taxes. This information session will ensure you’re equipped with the information you need!
Have Specific Questions About Your US Expatriate’s Tax Situation?
Greenback accountants work with expats 100% of the time, so they are well-versed in everything expat tax related. We are always here to help answer your questions, so contact us today, and we will help you get on the right track!