Get Started

Expat Tax Services & Pricing

Greenback prides itself on offering an extensive choice of expat tax services, as well as open, transparent, flat-fee pricing.

Federal Tax Return Preparation


We specialize in Federal Tax Return Preparation for Americans living abroad, foreign nationals and those who have recently repatriated to the US.

Cost: $485 USD

See Full Details

State Tax Return Preparation


Some expats need to file a State Tax Return even while living abroad. Whether you need to file a state return or not depends on the last state you resided in and your ongoing association with that state.

Cost: $155 USD

See Full Details

Additional Expat Tax Services


While most people only need to file the forms that we include under our flat fee, we are also able to prepare any additional forms you may need to complete your return — all at flat fees!

See Full Details

Foreign Bank Account Reporting


An expat who has financial interest in one or more overseas financial accounts and the total value of all of the financial accounts combined was $10,000 or more during any point during the tax year

Cost: $100 USD for up to 5 accounts, and $50 for each additional 5 accounts

See Full Details

FATCA Reporting


Some US expats have foreign assets that must be reported under FATCA regulations and our experienced accountants are here to help!

Cost: $100+ USD

See Full Details

Small Business Tax Return Preparation


An expat who owns (fully or part ownership in) a business that is considered a seperate entity, including: Partnership, Corporation, S Corporation or Limited Liability Company (LLC)

Cost: $585 USD

See Full Details

Streamlined Filing Package


We've created this special Streamlined Filing Package for US expats with a flat fee to save you money and make getting caught up as hassle-free as possible!

Cost: $1450 USD

See Full Details

UK Self-Assessment Tax Return


We've partnered with a UK Chartered Accountant who works right alongside your US accountant to help you maximize savings and efficiently file your expat taxes.

Cost: £500+VAT

See Full Details

Canadian Tax Return Preparation


Our Canadian accountant partner works collaboratively with your US Greenback accountant to help you maximize your savings and efficiently file your expat taxes.

Contact Us for a Price Quote

See Full Details

Late Tax Return Preparation


We have particular expertise helping Americans who are late filing their taxes (sometimes by decades!) get back on track using the Streamlined Procedure or via a quiet disclosure.

Cost: $485 USD

See Full Details



Need help navigating the complex US expat tax requirements? A consultation is perfect if you have questions related to moving abroad, buying property, retiring abroad, or inherited money while abroad.

Cost: $250 USD

See Full Details

Ready to get started on your US Expat Taxes?

Greenback's here to take the hassle out of filing your US expat taxes so you can get back to your adventure abroad.


Pricing & Billing FAQ

  • How can I pay for my US expat tax services?

    We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diner’s Club or JCB for payment. In cases where that is absolutely not possible, you can also wire money directly to us, but there is an additional $25 charge for the incoming wire transfer. If you need to pay via wire transfer, email us at [email protected] We do not accept paper checks.

  • What deadlines do US expats need to know?

    Expatriates must be aware of the following deadlines for their US expat tax return.

    April 15th:

    US filing deadline and the date that tax payments are due, even for expats. *Due to Covid-19, the IRS changed the April 15th deadline to May 17th
    for 2021

    June 15th:

    US expats receive an automatic extension until June 15th to file their US taxes; note that taxes are due on April 15th, and interest (but no penalties) will be applied if taxes are not paid by April 15th. Penalties will apply if taxes are not paid by June 15th. The 15th is also the FBAR deadline for US expats; however, there is an automatic extension until the October 15th deadline.

    October 15th:

    Final deadline for expat tax returns for those who have filed for an extension. This is also the final deadline for filing an FBAR.

    Please Note: The US Federal tax return extension is an extension of time to file and not an extension of time to pay any tax due to the IRS. If you owe tax to the US, your interest will start accruing from the first tax deadline – April 15th. Additionally, if you do not request an extension and do not file, a late payment penalty of 5% may be assessed each month until the tax is paid.

    Learn more about deadlines and extensions in our blog.

  • When do I have to pay for my Greenback services?

    When we prepare your returns, we want you to be 100% satisfied before you pay anything! As such, there is nothing due up front. Instead, your invoice will be sent after your return has been drafted. This gives you the chance to work with our system, our process, your accountant, and be completely satisfied with all these things before you have to address your invoice. We generate the invoice when the draft return has been uploaded to your secure file, and we ask that you pay the invoice within 5 business days. Once you have approved your draft return and paid the invoice, your final tax return will be uploaded to your secure file. If we are able to e-file your return, we will do so, but if we are unable to e-file, you will need to print, sign, and mail in your tax return.

  • Who are your accountants?

    All of our accountants are US CPAs or IRS Enrolled Agents who have extensive and specific experience with expatriate taxation. You will work only with your assigned Greenback accountant throughout the process (i.e., we don’t pass off your information to other associates to handle the data or tax work – we don’t believe that is secure or results in the best quality work).

    You can view our entire team to better understand their backgrounds and experience here.

  • Who will actually prepare my US expat tax return?

    You will be assigned an accountant (either a CPA or an IRS Enrolled Agent) upon registering with Greenback Expat Tax Services, and this accountant will prepare your tax return for you. Your accountant will take the time to get to you know you and your specific situation, answer any questions you have, and be on hand the following year to keep you compliant with your US filing requirements. The work of preparing your tax return is not outsourced!

  • Why should I choose Greenback over other US expat tax preparation providers?

    Although there are many tax preparation firms available, we pride ourselves in offering a service that is a cut above the rest. All of our accountants are US CPAs or IRS Enrolled Agents with extensive and specific experience with expatriate taxation. Your accountant will work with you to prepare your return and answer any questions you have before, during, and after your return has been prepared. We offer a customer portal – the Greenback Tax Companion – that was built 100% by customer feedback. We do our best to make the US expat tax filing process as simple as possible for you, starting with not making you do all of the calculations or fill out endless forms. Finally, we believe in honest, transparent, flat-fee pricing. All our prices are listed openly for you to review and understand before you engage with us.

    But don’t take our word for it! We invite you to read what our current customers have to say about why they love working with us!

Providing unbeatable peace of mind to expats around the world.