Can I exclude foreign rental property income from my US taxes?

In most cases, you will need to report income from foreign rental properties you own on your US tax return. The exception to this would be if owning and renting properties is your only job. In that case, you can use the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (although you would likely still be liable for self-employment taxes).

As far as reporting the income from the property, if you are the sole owner, you must report 100% of the income from the property. If you own it jointly with your spouse, you can report 50% of the income.