What are my tax filing requirements as a non-resident property investor in the USA?

Your tax filing requirements will depend on the type of entity you choose to make the investment and the number of investors. For example – an individual or single-member LLC with direct ownership will file a 1040 NR, which is due by June 15th each year. A foreign corporation would file Form 1120-F. A multiple-member LLC, either foreign or domestic, would file Form 1065 and each foreign partner would receive a K-1 and need to file Form 1040-NR individually; domestic partners would include this on their Form 1040. Domestic corporations would file Form 1120 within three-and-a-half months of their fiscal year end.