US Expat Tax Accountant (CPA, EA or JD) Independent Contractor
Greenback Expat Tax Services was founded and is run by US Expats. We help American’s living abroad get and stay compliant on their US tax obligations. We are a highly energetic, positive, and resourceful team working virtually across the globe. We believe that executional excellence is the key to success. We are currently seeking 5 Expat Tax Accountants (CPA, EA, or JD) to work as Independent Contractors with us.
At Greenback, we provide our US Expat Tax Accountants (CPA, EA, or JD) with the tools that they need to be successful and we bring our clients to them so that they can focus on preparing expat taxes and providing exceptional customer care! This is ideal for any experienced accountant who does not want to do the marketing, operations, or billing required to grow a practice.
This is not a traditional remote accounting JOB, it’s a business built on our platform. You would work with Greenback clients as an independent contractor and are paid for the clients that you complete. This role is ideal for US Expat Tax Accountants (CPA, EA, or JD) who love the idea of their earning potential being tied to their individual accomplishments, are obsessively organized, and have a natural flair for customer care.
What we’re looking for:
- CPAs, EAs or JDs (with LLM in Taxation) with at least three years of experience preparing US expat tax returns, including specific experience with the additional forms and schedules required for expats (1116, 2555, FinCen 114,5471, 3520, etc.). Business tax preparation (1065, 1120, 8865, 5471, 5472, etc) experience is a big plus!
- As an independent contractor you will manage your own schedule and workload. There are no set hours. You get paid for the work you do and your results. You take on as many customers as you choose.
- People who see technology as an enabler and embrace it fully. We use state-of-the-art systems (Salesforce, Box, ProSeries, and Lacerte).
- Accountants who are extremely organized, especially in managing around deadlines. This is a deadline-driven business, so anyone who gets frazzled near a tax deadline or disorganized will struggle.
- Strong attention to detail.
Why work with Greenback?
- Again, this is not a traditional 9-to-5 accounting job–you are independent. There are no set hours, you work directly with clients on our platform and your earnings are based on your results.
- No office/no commute. You have the ultimate flexibility to decide where you work from and when you work –beyond even your standard work-from-home accounting job. Want to spend tax season in your home office and the slower season working a lighter load from Mexico, Bali, or the coast of Spain? Many on our team do just that!
- You get paid directly in proportion to how many tax returns you complete and the service you provide. Your earning potential is unlimited and a good number of the accountants on our team earn six figures. If you’re ambitious, have high expertise in US expat tax prep, work hard, and stay organized, this is a great opportunity for you.
- This remote accounting job is an ideal fit for people who are happy to work on their own, but don’t want to manage the business logistics like marketing, customer acquisition, billing, customer service, etc.
- We’re maniacal about customer care. We expect everyone to have an experience with us that makes them want to go straight out and tell their friends how wonderful Greenback is. Accountants who feel that’s important thrive with us and love how happy their customers are at the end of each tax season.
- You will have access to a peer group of 40+ accountants that are the best in the industry regarding US expat taxes and customer-centricity.
And the best news is- we’re hiring!
To apply, take the following steps:
- Fill out our online assessment (see link below!)
- Attach to the online form your resume/CV and a cover letter
We will follow up with all candidates within five working days with the next steps.APPLY NOW