25 Things Expats Need to Know About Taxes in 2021
What It's About
2020 was a unique year with several big tax changes. Thankfully, our experts have the information you need to make filing this year's expats taxes as easy as ever! Whether you're a first-time filer or you've lived abroad for years, this webinar will tell you everything you need to know about filing your expat tax return in 2021.
What You Will Learn
- Expat tax requirements and what you need to file
- What Coronavirus stimulus checks mean for your taxes - and how to claim tax credits for any payments you missed
- The top tax credits and exclusions for expats in 2021
- How you may be able to qualify for the FEIE if you had to return to the US during the pandemic
- Important tax deadlines and extensions for Americans living abroad
- What first-time expat filers need to know—including how to file late tax returns penalty-free!
Meet Your Presenters.
Allen, CPA, MBA
Allen has been working almost exclusively with expats since 2013. Having lived in South Korea for ten years and Denmark for two, he is no stranger to the expat lifestyle. In addition to understanding the intricacies of expat tax preparation, Allen excels at guiding individuals through the IRS audit process, leveraging his seven years of experience as a corporate auditor. Allen’s strategy is simple: he takes the time to understand your unique situation and strives to make everything as easy as possible for you.
Tabitha, Customer Champion
Having been an expat herself, Tabitha knows full well all the joys and headaches that can come with living abroad! As an IRS Enrolled Agent, Tabitha helps simplify the tax prep process for our clients by providing clear guidance and answering expat tax questions. More than anything, she loves sharing "aha!" moments with expats who've found the clarity they need to file with confidence!
Are PDF guides more your thing?
Explore our free expat tax guides to find the ones that address your specific needs.VIEW GUIDES