Get Started

Thank you for choosing Greenback!

Welcome Greenback Clients

Login to our online system that makes filing expat taxes an amazingly easy experience. Using your answers to a handful of questions, your Tax Companion becomes customized to you, ensuring you upload all the info and docs you need. Take next steps today!


Tax Deadlines for 2020

April 15th Deadline - Extended to July 15th

Typically, expats receive an automatic 2-month extension, but if you owe taxes, you must pay by this date to avoid penalties and/or interest. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the IRS has extended this due date to July 15th.

June 15th Expat Tax Deadline - Extended to July 15th

The IRS has also extended this deadline due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, if you want to file an additional extension to October 15th, you will need to do so by April 15th in the US or June 15th if you are abroad.

April 15th - FBAR Filing Deadline

Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR) must be filed electronically via FinCEN Form 114. If needed, you can get an automatic extension to June 15th or October 15th.

October 15th - Final US Expat Tax and FBAR Deadline

If you filed an extension prior to April 15th in the US or June 15th while abroad, this is your final deadline for your expat taxes, FBAR, and FATCA filing.

Documents to Gather

Below is a list of the most common documents we need to prepare your expat taxes. You can also find this information on the last page of your Questionnaire.

Copy of previous year’s tax return

If we prepared your return last year, then we will already have a copy.

Records of wages, compensation or tips

These are your pay slips from Jan. to Dec. of the tax year.

Record of business income and expenses for self-employed

This is likely to be your business P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statement.

Record of interest and/or dividends

This is likely to be a Form 1099 from a US financial institution or your year-end interest statement from your local bank.

Record of any mortgage interest

If you own a property in another country and you have a mortgage on that property, you should receive a statement saying how much interest you pay annually; this is the statement we need.

Record of distribution from Pensions, Annuities, Profit Sharing, IRA or other retirement accounts

If you have withdrawn any money from any of these accounts, your employer or broker should have sent you a statement.

Record of any Social Security benefits

Any social security benefits that have been paid to you.

Record of any additional income

This could be rental income if you rent out a property, interest from bonds or savings accounts if they have not sent you a tax statement, etc.

Our Pricing

Federal Tax Return - $485

If you earned income while living abroad, you'll need to file a Federal Tax Return. Includes Schedule A, Schedule B, Schedule C (1), Schedule D, Schedule E (1)Schedule K-1 (Up to 3), Form 1040, Form 1116, and Form 2555.

Foreign Bank Account Reporting - $100

You must file a Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR or FinCEN Form 114) if you have $10,000 or more in foreign bank accounts at any point during the year. This includes up to 5 accounts ($50 for additional 5 accounts).

State Tax Return - $155

Some states require tax returns even while you're living abroad. Filing will depend on the last state you resided in and your ongoing association with the state.

Streamlined Filing Package - $1450

This includes 3 years of Federal Tax Returns and 6 FBARs in order to meet the requirements to get caught up on your taxes. It includes up to 5 accounts per FBAR form ($50 for additional 5 accounts).


Subscribe to our Newsletter

Looking to stay ahead of the ever evolving tax updates, news and requirements facing expats? Subscribe to our newsletter and you’ll never worry about missing a thing moving forward. We’re here to ensure you’re always in the know – so you can sit back and relax.


Leave a Review

If you had an outstanding experience with Greenback, we would love to hear from you! Your testimonial will not only make us feel all warm and fuzzy, it will also give prospective customers a chance to hear first-hand what they can expect from us. Your fellow expats will truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!