We are seeking a “virtual” administrative assistant/ office manager who would like to quickly become an integral part of our fast paced, high growth business.
What will you do:
Overall responsibility for the smooth day to day management of Greenback’s virtual office. Act as the administrator for a virtual team of 2 company owners, and 6 members of the management team, which includes but is not limited to:
- Manage the recruiting process for new team members, as needed:
- Post job descriptions on our website and on appropriate job boards
- Manage the prescreening/assessment process according to the company policy
- Manage the process of setting up interviews at each recruitment stage, coordinating both internally and also with the candidates
- Communicate with candidates regarding next steps, liaise as relevant to get contracts signed and all relevant paperwork completed
- Manage the induction process for new hires (training about systems, setup, the business, etc.)
- Responsible for our virtual office technology, including not only
- day to day management
- acting as the champion/go-to person for management team (time tracking systems, file sharing, mailbox forwarding, project management tools, etc.)
- Ensuring that all operational costs are in line with budget
- Organize and manage agendas for team meetings, coordinating meetings and our quarterly performance management process
- Manage all incoming mail and route accordingly to appropriate members of team (using virtual office application)
- Manage our database of operating procedures and work with the team to ensure these are always up to date, timely and high quality
- Act as the backup during busy/holiday periods for our billing manager
- Assist owners of the business with ad hoc needs- i.e. act as right hand to company owners when needed
Who you are:
- Extraordinarily focused on executing flawlessly! Your job will be to make things happen. Detail is critical. You need to be able to manage multiple balls in the air and make sure it all gets done at a high quality, on a timely basis, with no hiccups/emergencies/last minute rushing.
- Methodical. Very good with process and operations.
- Good people skills and communication skills. You will be the face of our organization to prospective hires and you need to have a warm and welcoming manner, combined with the ability to work with people to make things happen.
- Extremely good organizational skills. You need to be someone who creates structure and helps the team maintain that structure, in a virtual environment
- Expert juggler/multi-tasker. If you can keep lots of balls in the air and never miss a beat, you will like this job. This job isn’t for the faint of heart- you will be busy! If you love fast paced, energetic environments, this is for you.
- Able to operate independently, without a lot of hand holding.
- Highly technical. You will be using and leading the team in using all virtual office systems, such as secure virtual file sharing, project management tools, etc.
- We ideally want someone who has worked in small businesses and is scrappy, resourceful and knows how to make things happen without adding bulk, weight or cost to the operation.
- This position is a 1099 contractor role that is location independent, but you must be able to work a consistent, reliable, set schedule. The flexible part of this role is the location, not the work hours (You would need to do 9-5 or 8-4 for example). The time zone can be flexible, as long as there is some overlap with EST. Since we are a virtual team and are all over the world, flexibility with team meetings in evenings or mornings is required 1-3 times per month.
- You need to have worked virtually before and show that you can handle the unique challenges.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please send your CV/resume and a cover letter that describes your salary requirements, qualifications and why you are interested in this position.