Get Started

Additional Expat Tax Services

  • Additional Schedule C – $100 USD (Sole Proprietor)
  • Additional Schedule D – $100 USD (for up to 20 transactions)
  • Additional Schedule E – $75 USD (income or loss from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, estates, trusts, and residual interests in REMICs)
  • Schedule F – $115 USD (Profit or Loss from Farming)
  • Schedule K-1 – $60 USD (each additional after the 3 included in the base price)
  • Treaty Based Return Position Disclosure – Form 8833 – $85 USD
  • Transactions with Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts – Form 3520 – $400 USD
  • Foreign Trust with a US Owner –  Form 3520a – $400 USD
  • Information Return by a Shareholder of a Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) with distributions – Form 8621- $250 USD
  • Information Return by a Shareholder of a Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) without distributions – Form 8621- $165 USD
  • Annual Expatriation Statement – Form 8854 – $385 USD
  • Report of Foreign Disregarded Entities – Form 8858 – $300 USD
  • Return of US Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships – Form 8865 – $400 USD
  • Return of US Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations – Form 5471 – $600 USD
  • US Transferors of Property to a Foreign Corporation – Form 926 – $115 USD
  • Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned US Corp – Form 5472 – $215 USD
  • US Gift Tax Return – Form 709 – $400 USD
  • Short Form Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax – Form 990-EZ – $400 USD
  • Additional bank/brokerage accounts listed on tax return – $25 USD for each additional 5 accounts (20 already included in our flat federal tax return prep fee)
  • Federal Tax Return Review (reviewing self-prepared return and checking for issues) – $300 USD
  • State Tax Return Review (reviewing self-prepared return and checking for issues) – $300 USD
  • Amended Tax Returns – $485 USD
  • ITIN Processing – $295 USD (Each additional – $150)
  • Form 965 – Foreign Corporation Repatriation Tax – Tax filing due Tax Cuts and Jobs Act requiring deferred earnings from foreign corporations to be reported. – $600 USD
  • Application for Change in Accounting Method – Form 3115 – $435 USD
  • Entity Classification Election – Form 8832 – $150 USD
  • US Shareholder Calculation of Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI) – Form 8992 – $600 USD
  • 962 Election on 1120 Forms – $885 USD
  • LLC Form 5472 – Corporate Return for US LLCs with Foreign Owners – $350 USD
  • Dormant 5471 – $250 USD

Get Started Now

Providing unbeatable peace of mind to expats around the world.

Pricing & Billing FAQ

  • How can I pay for my US expat tax services?

    We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diner’s Club or JCB for payment. In cases where that is absolutely not possible, you can also wire money directly to us, but there is an additional $25 charge for the incoming wire transfer. If you need to pay via wire transfer, email us at [email protected] We do not accept paper checks.

  • What deadlines do US expats need to know?

    Expatriates must be aware of the following deadlines for their US expat tax return.

    April 15th:

    US filing deadline and the date that tax payments are due, even for expats. *Due to Covid-19, the IRS changed the April 15th deadline to May 17th
    for 2021

    June 15th:

    US expats receive an automatic extension until June 15th to file their US taxes; note that taxes are due on April 15th, and interest (but no penalties) will be applied if taxes are not paid by April 15th. Penalties will apply if taxes are not paid by June 15th. The 15th is also the FBAR deadline for US expats; however, there is an automatic extension until the October 15th deadline.

    October 15th:

    Final deadline for expat tax returns for those who have filed for an extension. This is also the final deadline for filing an FBAR.

    Please Note: The US Federal tax return extension is an extension of time to file and not an extension of time to pay any tax due to the IRS. If you owe tax to the US, your interest will start accruing from the first tax deadline – April 15th. Additionally, if you do not request an extension and do not file, a late payment penalty of 5% may be assessed each month until the tax is paid.

    Learn more about deadlines and extensions in our blog.

  • When do I have to pay for my Greenback services?

    When we prepare your returns, we want you to be 100% satisfied before you pay anything! As such, there is nothing due up front. Instead, your invoice will be sent after your return has been drafted. This gives you the chance to work with our system, our process, your accountant, and be completely satisfied with all these things before you have to address your invoice. We generate the invoice when the draft return has been uploaded to your secure file, and we ask that you pay the invoice within 5 business days. Once you have approved your draft return and paid the invoice, your final tax return will be uploaded to your secure file. If we are able to e-file your return, we will do so, but if we are unable to e-file, you will need to print, sign, and mail in your tax return.

  • Who are your accountants?

    All of our accountants are US CPAs or IRS Enrolled Agents who have extensive and specific experience with expatriate taxation. You will work only with your assigned Greenback accountant throughout the process (i.e., we don’t pass off your information to other associates to handle the data or tax work – we don’t believe that is secure or results in the best quality work).

    You can view our entire team to better understand their backgrounds and experience here.

  • Who will actually prepare my US expat tax return?

    You will be assigned an accountant (either a CPA or an IRS Enrolled Agent) upon registering with Greenback Expat Tax Services, and this accountant will prepare your tax return for you. Your accountant will take the time to get to you know you and your specific situation, answer any questions you have, and be on hand the following year to keep you compliant with your US filing requirements. The work of preparing your tax return is not outsourced!

  • Why should I choose Greenback over other US expat tax preparation providers?

    Although there are many tax preparation firms available, we pride ourselves in offering a service that is a cut above the rest. All of our accountants are US CPAs or IRS Enrolled Agents with extensive and specific experience with expatriate taxation. Your accountant will work with you to prepare your return and answer any questions you have before, during, and after your return has been prepared. We offer a customer portal – the Greenback Tax Companion – that was built 100% by customer feedback. We do our best to make the US expat tax filing process as simple as possible for you, starting with not making you do all of the calculations or fill out endless forms. Finally, we believe in honest, transparent, flat-fee pricing. All our prices are listed openly for you to review and understand before you engage with us.

    But don’t take our word for it! We invite you to read what our current customers have to say about why they love working with us!