Expat CPAs for Overseas Contractors

Overseas CPA Contractors

Thinking about hiring an expat CPA? If the answer is no, you might want to think again!

Do overseas contractors need to hire an expat CPA? There are multiple contractors who were working alongside the American soldiers in Afghanistan every day throughout the war.  Even with the war being officially over, these contracts are still on assignment in Afghanistan and will need to file US expat taxes when tax season comes around.

While there are many alternatives available, finding a true expat CPA with good knowledge is important with any individual.  With a high-stress situation such as working as a contractor in Afghanistan or Iraq, it is important that you find someone who is experienced with IRS expat tax law and ready to provide the necessary services to prepare your US expat taxes.

Jackie G., who resides in Afghanistan with her husband, ran into many problems when it came time to hire an expat CPA for their US expat tax returns. After completing their taxes with H&R Block and missing big deductions and exclusions, Jackie decided it was time to take their preparations elsewhere.  The next expat CPA they hired was inexperienced and made mistake after mistake before admitting he had little experience with US expat taxes.

After their tax nightmares were coming true, Jackie and her husband did some digging and found the qualified expat CPAs at Greenback Expat Tax Services.

“I would definitely and already have recommended Greenback to other contractors for their tax preparing service. No one should have to go through the nightmare we had to go through with the fallout from the mistakes made by the first accountant.”

US taxation can get complicated, and if your expat CPA does not have the necessary experience, you may end up with costly and time-consuming mistakes. If you need assistance preparing your US expat taxes as a contractor working abroad, talk to the experienced, qualified and friendly expat CPAs at Greenback Expat Tax Services.

Need Help From An Expat CPA?

We have a blog post that details the differences between an IRS Enrolled Agent and an expat CPA. If you have questions for an expat CPA or would like to learn about our expat tax services, please contact us.