Press Room

We are proud of our reputation as experts on US taxes abroad, and are often quoted by important, reliable news sites—we love to share those articles with you, too!

Greenback in the News


How can I avoid state taxes if I retire overseas?

Americans considering an overseas retirement often wonder whether they will be responsible for state taxes after they relocate. While it’s possible to avoid state taxes when you move, it’s not as easy as it may seem. Greenback co-founder David McKeegan provides expat tax advice on what retirees need to do in order to cut ties with their state and prove residency in a foreign country.

Read on for the full article or download the PDF!