UK Self-Assessment Tax Return

UK Self-Assessment Tax Return

The UK equivalent to the IRS is the Her Majesty Revenue & Customs (HMRC) office.  The HMRC is the principal revenue collection agency of the United Kingdom government. They collect taxes, administer some of the regulatory systems like the national minimum wage, and are responsible for payment of some state support/welfare.

Preparation of your HMRC Self-Assessment Tax Return may be a requirement if you’re an American living in the UK. Because we have so many clients who are Americans living in the UK that also need their UK taxes prepared, we have partnered with a UK Chartered Accountant who can work alongside your US Accountant. Benefits include:

  • Gain access to UK expertise: Work directly with a UK Chartered Accountant who has special expertise filing UK taxes for American expats.
  • Save Time: Benefit from collaborative work between your US accountant at Greenback and your UK accountant, saving you time in sharing information and tax documents.
  • Save Money: Enjoy maximum tax savings as a result of this combined expertise and joint approach.


£550 + VAT for a UK tax return

£175 + VAT – 30 minute telephone consultation

£125 + VAT – 30 minute email consultation

UK Tax Contact Form

  • By entering your email, you agree to receive emails from Greenback. You may opt out at any time per our Privacy Policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

UK Tax Return Questions

What services do you offer for US expats living in the UK?

We can refer you to our UK accountant to complete your UK Self-Assessment for individuals or assist with your business returns. They also offer one-on-one consultations to discuss your specific tax situation.

What’s even better is they will coordinate with your Greenback accountant so that you don’t waste time uploading your documents twice. Both your US and your UK accountants will have access to the same secure file, so you just need to upload your documents to one place!

What is the process for filing both my US and UK expat tax returns? Will I have to upload everything twice?

In short, no!

While we do not prepare UK returns in house, we have an expert UK partner that we’ll refer you to – here is a closer look at how this relationship works:

Our UK partner will work alongside your Greenback US accountant to complete your UK tax return. This collaborative effort maximizes your savings and makes filing your US and UK taxes more efficient. To make the process even more convenient, you only upload your documents to one place, one time — into your secure Greenback Tax Companion. We make it simple and hassle-free!

Feel free to contact us for more information.

How much do your UK tax services cost?

While we do not prepare UK returns in house, we have a fantastic partner in the UK that we have worked with for years, and can definitely recommend to you. They have extensive experience with US/UK expat taxes and we’re sure you will find them to be a big help!

Feel free to contact us for more information.