Get Started

Canadian Tax Return Preparation

The Canadian equivalent to the IRS is the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA). They are formerly known as Revenue Canada and the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency. The CRA is the federal agency of the Canada government that administers tax laws for the Government of Canada and for most provinces and territories, international trade legislation, and various social and economic benefit and incentive programs delivered through the tax system.

Preparation of your Canada Tax Return may be a requirement if you’re an American living in Canada.

  • Gain access to Canadian expertise: Work directly with a Canadian Accountant who has special expertise in filing Canadian taxes for American expats
  • Save Time: Benefit from collaborative work between your US accountant at Greenback and your Canadian accountant, saving you time in sharing information and tax documents
  • Save Money: Enjoy maximum tax savings as a result of this combined expertise and joint approach
Contact Us for a Price Quote
Get Started Now

Providing unbeatable peace of mind to expats around the world.

Pricing & Services FAQ

  • How much do your Canada tax services cost?

    While we do not prepare Canadian returns in house, we have a fantastic Canadian partner that we have worked with for years, and can definitely recommend to you. They have extensive experience with US/Canadian expat taxes and we’re sure you will find them to be a big help!

    Feel free to contact us for more information.

  • When do my Canada expat taxes have to be filed?

    Canada taxes are usually due by April 30th  following the end of the tax year.

  • Who are your accountants?

    The Greenback team works virtually across the US and around the world.

    This flexible structure allows us to find the most experienced accountants and professionals, regardless of where they live and also helps us to better serve Americans living abroad around the world.

    We hand select only the most experienced, knowledgeable and friendly professionals for our team. Our accountants specialize in handling international tax matters and bring with them a wealth of expat accounting expertise.

  • Do you prepare tax returns for other countries, as well?

    At this time, our accountants can provide expert tax services and advice for the US, UK, and CAN. However, we are looking into expanding our network to include additional country-specific accountants – so this may be an option in the near future. Check back with us frequently for updates!

  • What services do you provide for filing late tax returns?

    If you are filing taxes 1 year late, we recommend filing as soon as possible as penalties have been accruing. If you need tax assistance, learn more about our flat-fee late tax return preparation. If you were unaware that you needed to file and require several years of tax filing, you may qualify for the Streamlined Filing Procedures. If you need tax assistance, learn more about our flat-fee Streamlined Filing Package designed to save you money.