I neglected to report my worldwide income on previous expatriate tax returns. What can I do?

In the event that you have incorrectly reported information on prior years’ tax returns, you should file an amended expatriate tax return to avoid penalties from the IRS for incorrectly reporting your income. Depending on the situation, you may not end up owing any taxes after the credits and deductions applicable to expatriates have been applied to your return.