What income is reportable on my US tax return?

The IRS taxes its citizens and resident aliens on their worldwide income. If you have savings and investments outside the USA, these would be taxable by the IRS; however, if you have paid tax on these savings and investments locally, you may receive a tax credit on your US taxes for the amounts paid to the foreign government.