Get Started

What documents do I need to have ready to file my Canada tax return?

The documents required vary depending on the individual; however, the below documents are a good place to start the gathering process.

  • Any US federal or state filings for the year
  • Your T4 slips (Employment income) for the year(s) in question
  • Employment insurance benefits (T4E)
  • Interest, dividends, mutual funds (T3, T5, T5008)
  • RRSP contribution receipts
  • Calendar showing dates you were outside of Canada that year
  • Bank interest received in Canada that year
  • Any capital gain statements
  • Any rental income and expenses

Was this helpful?

Thank You!

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Let our Customer Champion team help!