I am a non-resident alien. Will I be taxed differently than a resident alien?

Yes, as a non-resident alien, you are generally only required to report income from US sources, not your worldwide income. This income would be categorized into passive income (such as rents, dividends, capital gains, etc.) and earned income (such as income from employment or other businesses activities). Passive income generated in the US will generally be taxed at a flat rate of 30%, although tax treaties may offer reductions or an elimination of the US tax. Additionally, interest earned in depository accounts may be excluded. US earned income will be taxed after taking into account your various adjustments and deductions in the same way US residents are taxed.