Do I need to report my RRSP on FBAR?

Unfortunately, there is a bit of a gray area when it comes to what needs to be reported on an FBAR. Although many feel RRSPs don’t need to be reported, the most conservative approach would be if you can access the funds and withdraw at any point, then report it on the FBAR.

Also, if applicable, you should make sure that the “yes” box is checked for question 8 on Schedule B, which reads: “[D]id you receive a distribution from, or were you the grantor of, or transferor to, a foreign trust?” If yes, you may have to file Form 3520. RRSPs are often considered a foreign trust.

You can red more about RRSP’s here: