- Federal Tax Return Preparation
- State Tax Return Preparation
- Late Tax Return Preparation
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act Reporting
- Small Business Tax Return Preparation
- Streamlined Filing Package
- UK Self-Assessment Tax Return
- Canadian Tax Return Preparation
- Additional Expat Tax Services
Who will actually prepare my US expat tax return?
When you work with Greenback, you will be paired with a qualified accountant—either a CPA or an IRS Enrolled Agent—with expertise in your tax needs.
Your accountant will bring years of expertise and experience in expatriate taxation to your tax preparation. Our tax professionals boast some of the most impressive credentials in the accounting industry. Plus, they’re friendly, helpful, and committed to getting your taxes done right!
How much experience will my accountant have?
Your accountant will have:
- Credentials as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or IRS Enrolled Agents (EA)
- 5+ years of experience—during which time they must have prepared expat tax returns specifically
- In-depth understanding of expat tax requirements, credits, and planning
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest tax code changes
- Many have master’s degrees or other advanced degrees in accounting, law, or finance
- Often, your accountant will have lived abroad themselves and knows the joys and challenges of expat life
Will my accountant be friendly and responsive to my questions?
In addition to tax expertise, your accountant will be friendly, helpful, and answer all of your questions promptly. Your dedicated accountant will take time to get to know you and your specific situation. Understanding your unique needs will help your accountant secure the biggest savings and best tax outcome for you.
Many of our accountants previously worked for Big Four accounting firms—which are the largest professional services companies in the world. Now, they’ve chosen to focus their talents on helping expats like you because they enjoy giving clients personalized attention and being a part of your adventure abroad.
Will my tax prep ever be outsourced?
No, we will never outsource your expat tax return preparation to anyone outside of our team. You will always be paired with one of Greenback’s accountants, all of whom have been hand-selected to represent the best the accounting industry has to offer.
In fact, if you choose to work with Greenback year-after-year (and we hope you do!), you’ll typically have the option to work with the same tax professional next year.
Curious about the rest of the team? Learn more about Greenback’s expat founders and management team.
Articles in this section
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Let our Customer Champion team help!GET IN TOUCH