What documents do I need to have ready to file my UK tax return?

The documents required to file a UK tax return vary depending on the individual; however, the below documents are a good place to start the gathering process.

  • Any US federal or state filings for the year
  • Your P60 or P45 for the year in question (given to you by your employer after April 5th each year)
  • Form P11d (if relevant from your employer)
  • Calendar showing dates you were outside of the UK that year
  • Bank interest received in the UK that year
  • Any capital gain statements
  • Any rental income and expenses

Articles in this section